Our Church History
The United Presbyterian congregation of Port Huron, Michigan was organized on August 19, 1868 with 22 members admitted.
Various halls were used the first several years for gathering and worship and in 1871 a church building was dedicated at the corner of Broad and Merchant Streets.
By 1887 it was decided to switch allegiances from the United Presbyterian Church and join the Presbyterian Church of the USA. This was, however, not a unanimous decision and feelings were strong on both sides. The church building, located on Broad Street, was the property of the United Presbyterian Church.